Tweed and District Horticultural Society will be sponsoring some exhibits in Horticulture this year for the Tweed Fair. The following is a list of entries and prizes. We have entries in adults and juniors. Tweed Fair is July 16th to 19th. All entries must be at the fair grounds on Friday July 17th and set up before noon. Judging starts at noon. Juniors can pick up their prize money at the white building at noon on Saturday. All arrangements must be made with plant material from your home garden.
1. An arrangement of flowers and greens. Maximum 18 inches in any direction including container.
2. A mixed arrangement of flowers and greens using a child’s toy as a container. Accessories can be added.
3. Miniature arrangement not to exceed 3 inches in any direction.
4. A planter of mixed annuals and/or perennials with a container 12 inches in diameter or larger.
5. A fairy garden planter with fairy accessories.
6. A hanging basket planted with a mix of annuals and trailing plants.
7. Make a quilt square using flower heads placed flat to create a design in a 8 inch square pan. Foliage optional.
1st—-$8 2nd—$7 3rd—$6
1. A picture made of seeds and/or dried legumes glued on a paper plate.
2. Two stems of flowers and foliage in a water bottle.
3. An animal creature made out of vegetables and/or fruit.
4. Homemade necklace made out of cereal, yarn, pasta and beads.
5. Hand print art. Maximum 8 ½ x 11
1. A stone painted with a floral design. Maximum of 6 inches.
2. A bouquet of mixed flowers in a container covered with birch bark.
3. An old CD painted with a design to hang in the garden.
4. Using natural products like birch bark, seeds, cones, etc. to make a picture in a shoe box lid.
5. Use a pine cone as a base to make an animal.
1. All-natural centre piece made with evergreens. Can include pine cones, seed heads, thistles, etc.
2. A picnic basket packed with treats for a child’s picnic.
3. Homemade decorated birdhouse made with recycled material.
4. A collection of 6 photos taken of your family flowers and/or garden mounted on cardboard.
5. A flower made out of coffee filters.
1st—$5 2nd—$4 3rd—$3